Bookkeeper – QuickBooks Bookkeepers compute, classify, and record numerical data to keep financial records complete. They perform combinations of calculating, posting, and verifying duties to obtain financial data for use in maintaining accounting records. They also check the accuracy of figures, calculations, and postings pertaining to business transactions recorded by other workers. On the job bookkeepers operate computers with accounting software to record and analyze information. Under general supervision they create and maintain accounting records for companies using QuickBooks Online Applications. They check figures and documents for correct entry and mathematical accuracy. They also would classify, record, and summarize financial data to compile and keep financial records. Additionally, bookkeepers communicate with outside accounting experts such as CPAs, auditors and QuickBooks Certified ProAdvisor consultants. They may also run customized reports and perform banking functions.
Typically, bookkeepers work full-time, however, there are some part-time positions available. Some may work long hours at certain times like tax time or the end of the fiscal year. Bookkeepers who work in places like hotels, restaurants, and stores may work overtime hours during peak times, like holidays and vacation seasons.
- Create and maintain QuickBooks Online data
- Check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes
- Create and Maintain QuickBooks Online users, and set the appropriate access levels
- Compile statistical, financial, accounting or auditing reports and tables pertaining to such matters as cash receipts, expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, and profits and losses
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations • Invoice customers via email or mail
- Reconcile and report discrepancies found in records
- Receive, record, and bank cash, checks, and vouchers
- Oral Comprehension
must be able to listen and understand information Oral Communication must be able to communicate information in speaking so others understand
- Written Comprehension
must be able to read and understand information
- Written Expression
must be able to communicate information
- Mathematical Reasoning
must be able to choose the right mathematical methods or formulas to solve a problem
- Near Vision
must be able to see details at close range
The QuickBooks Pro course contains features, such as invoicing customers, paying bills, tracking expenses, generating reports and organizing information, plus advanced tools and customization options that increase efficiency and accuracy. Effectively manage payable and receivable accounts, import data from Microsoft Excel and easily undo reconciliation in one step. Design professional, precise forms and reports that include customizable prices with up to 100 price levels. Tools such as the Vehicle Mileage Tracker, Loan Manager and Cash Flow Projector provide the means to coordinate and stay on top of a variety of different business scenarios.
- BookkeepingQuickBooks automates standard bookkeeping tasks such as entering transactions, performing calculations, and organizing data to keep your books balanced.
- Bank reconciliationsQuickBooks imports your bank transactions and organizes them. When you receive your bank statement, you’ll spend only minutes reconciling your accounts.
- Sales taxQuickBooks has a built-in sales tax calculator that calculates sales tax based on where you are, what you sell, and the address on the sales receipt or invoice.
- Expense trackingEasily track business expenses all year to get every deduction at tax time. QuickBooks automatically sorts expenses into expense categories and keeps them organized for you.
- Manage and pay billsTrack your bills and their due dates in one place so that you always pay on time and avoid late fees. Set up automatic payments so that your bills are paid for you.
- Scan receiptsUse the QuickBooks app to turn your phone’s camera into a receipt scanner. Snap a photo of a receipt and QuickBooks will attach it to the expense in your books.
- ReportingCreate custom, professional business reports with QuickBooks. Quickly access your balance sheet, cash flow statement, income statement, and over 50 other reports.
- Create estimates and quotesCreate professional estimates and quotes for a prospective customer. Once an estimate is accepted, QuickBooks will convert it to invoices and track everything for you.
- Create invoicesCreate invoices and get paid fast. Your customers can pay via credit card, debit card, Apple Pay, and more. We process the payment and transfer the funds to your bank account.
- Progress invoicingAccept payments as you go with the progress invoicing feature in QuickBooks. Bill incrementally and get paid throughout the course of the job or project.