Video Game Palooza (VGP) is a 501(c)(3) educational nonprofit organization dedicated to help end the cycle of poverty for families by introducing kids to STEM programs in a fun and relevant way, and to offer our underemployed adults important certifications in the area of computer-based careers through our Hope Training Academy owned and operated by Video Game Palooza.
CompTIA IT Fundamentals+
About this course:
If you are a high-end computer consumer at home or college taking into consideration a profession in information technology, or concerned in furthering your knowledge regarding personal computers, the CompTIA® IT Fundamentals™ (Exam FC0-U51 or FC0-Z51) course is the primary step in your training. In this IT Ops Training course, you will recognize PC mechanism, work with files and folders, and perform basic software installations. This course will deliver you with the fundamental skills and concepts obligatory to sustain, support, and work proficiently with personal computers. Additionally, you will gain the fundamental skills and information you require to set up, construct, sustain, troubleshoot, and execute anticipatory maintenance of the hardware and software mechanism of a fundamental personal computer workstation and fundamental wireless devices. You will also execute fundamental safety measures and execute central computer and consumer support practices.
Whether you are a home consumer, a qualified knowledge worker, or somebody fresh to the work force bearing in mind an information technology (IT) career, the CompTIA® IT Fundamentals™ (Exam FC0-U51 or FC0-Z51) course can help you in several ways. Having an essential foundational knowledge regarding personal computers and the skills obligatory to work with them provides you with the initial point to put up your career. If your current job function relates to private computers, this course will grant you with the basic technical knowledge regarding personal computers that you require to work proficiently in your present role. It will as well assist you if you are preparing to take the CompTIA® IT Fundamentals™ assessment (Exam FC0-U51 or FC0-Z51).
The average pay for IT Professional is $59,072 per year.
After the course completion, students should be to:
- Recognize hardware commonly establish in or attached to computing devices
- Recognize software generally installed on computing devices
- Set up a fundamental workstation
- Construct network access
- Function with files, folders, and applications
- Construct and employ wireless devices
- Safe computing devices
- Hold up computers and users
This course is specifically designed for:
Individuals who are bearing in mind a career in information technology (IT) and who may be planning to follow CompTIA IT Fundamentals certification, CompTIA A+™ certification, or additional related certifications.
The students must have fundamental understanding of Windows end user skills.
For this course, you will require one computer for each one student and one for the trainer. Each computer will require the following minimum hardware configurations:
- 1 GHz or faster 32-bit (×86) or 64-bit (×64) processor
- 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
- 16 GB accessible hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver
- DVD or CD-ROM drive
- Keyboard and mouse (or other pointing device)
- 1,024 × 768 resolution monitor suggested
- Network cards and wiring for local network access
- Internet access (contact your local network administrator)
- Optional tangential devices such as speakers, microphones, webcams, and so forth, together with any cabling compulsory to join the devices to desktop computers
- Blank CD or DVD
- USB thumb drive
- Exterior hard drive or internal hard drive in a drive port
- Smartphone and/or tablet: iOS and/or Android
- Projection system to demonstrate the instructor’s computer screen
Recommended prerequisite courses:
- Microsoft Windows 10
- Microsoft Windows 10: Transition from Windows 7 (091037) (Win10-Trans)